Member Self-recommendation Scheme for Youth
Member Self-recommendation Scheme for Youth
The Member Self-recommendation Scheme for Youth (“MSSY”) is one of the key initiatives of youth development as promulgated in the Chief Executive’s 2022 Policy Address and Youth Development Blueprint. To engage more young people in public affairs and enhance their interaction and trust with the Government, we will expand the MSSY, aiming to triple the number of participating advisory committees from around 60 at present to no less than 180 within the current term of the Government to enhance their function as talent "incubators". People aged between 18 and 35, and with the commitment to serve the community, are invited to self-nominate to become members of specified government advisory committees. MSSY Phase VI will be kick off soon. Stay tuned for the announcement.Appointed members under the previous phases
MSSY Phase V
The recruitment of MSSY Phase V has ended. All applicants will be notified of the results by email starting from the first quarter of 2023. The information below is for reference only.
The 15 participating committees for MSSY Phase V are as follows:
- Lantau Conservation Fund Advisory Committee
- Committee on Research and Development of Chinese Medicines
- Antiquities Advisory Board
- Hong Kong Council on Smoking and Health
- Hong Kong Logistics Development Council
- Tourism Strategy Group
- Committee on Venue Partnership
- Innovation and Technology Venture Fund Advisory Committee
- Committee on the Support Programme for Employees with Disabilities
- CreateSmart Initiative Vetting Committee
- Steering Committee on Strategic Development of Information Technology in Education
- New Energy Transport Fund Steering Committee
- Advisory Committee on Agriculture and Fisheries
- Environment and Conservation Fund Committee
- Advisory Committee on Arts Development
Following the principle of meritocracy, we aim to, through MSSY, recruit young people who have the commitment to serve the community and the ability to contribute to the committees concerned for recommending to the relevant Bureaux/Departments for consideration of appointment.
Eligibility and Assessment Criteria
Young people aged between 18 and 35 on the date of application deadline (i.e.15 March 2022) are eligible to apply under the MSSY.
In the assessment process, we will consider whether the applicant meets the following three conditions –
- strong commitment to serve the community;
- good understanding of the policy area concerned; and
- good analytical and communication skills.
A Recruitment Committee (“RC”) has been set up by us for overseeing the implementation of MSSY. The RC comprises the Secretary for Home and Youth Affairs, a representative of the Youth Development Commission, non-official chairpersons or members of the aforementioned 15 committees and representatives of the bureaux/departments concerned. Under the RC, Assessment Panels (APs) will be formed to take care of the applications concerning the 15 committees respectively. The APs will conduct interviews with applicants to facilitate the assessment.
How to Apply
Please submit the application on or before the deadline via one of the following means –
- by completion of online form; or
- by post to the Home and Youth Affairs Bureau, 12/F, West Wing, Central Government Offices, 2 Tim Mei Avenue, Tamar, Hong Kong (Re: “Member Self-recommendation Scheme for Youth”) (the postmark date on the envelope will be regarded as the date of submission of application). Please make sure that sufficient postage has been paid to avoid unsuccessful delivery; or
- by hand to the Home and Youth Affairs Bureau’s drop-in box at 2/F, East Wing, Central Government Offices, 2 Tim Mei Avenue, Tamar, Hong Kong (Re: “Member Self-recommendation Scheme for Youth”).
Application forms can be downloaded here. Applications must be made in accordance with the above specified means.
In completing the application form, the applicant needs to explain, in either Chinese or English, his/her suitability of being appointed to be a member of the selected committee(s), through one of the following ways -
- to write no more than 600 words; or
- to provide a video (in mp4 format) or an audio clip (in m4a format) of no longer than 3 minutes. Applicants may choose to -
- share the video or audio clip via cloud storage platform (e.g. Google Drive, Dropbox, Microsoft OneDrive) and provide the relevant URL link in the application form; or
- provide the file of the video or audio clip
- for online submissions, the file size must not exceed 20MB.
- for submissions by post or by hand, please provide the clip file in DVD or USB Flash Drive.
Telephone Number: 3509 7621
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sharing of MSSY Appointees:
Let your ideas shine
Let’s move Hong Kong forward with bright new ideas
MSSY Phase V Poster